Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Lauren's Many Questions

This was just too cute not to share...I heard Lauren just humming away in her bed this morning so I went into her room to get her up. This was the conversation that took place as soon as I opened her door...

Lauren: Did you have MY baby yet? (she always refers to the baby as her baby, very cute)
Me: No , she is still in my belly.
Lauren: Is she getting pretty big in there?
Me: She is still pretty tiny but when she gets bigger she will come out.
Lauren: I think she is getting pretty big because look at that (her pointing to my big belly). It is SO BIG mommy!
Me: She still needs to grow some more before she comes out.
Lauren: Where's daddy?
Me: He is at work.
Lauren: Is he wearing work clothes?
Me: Yes.
Lauren: Can I hold her when she comes out? (back to the baby)
Me: Yes, you will be a great big sister.
Lauren: Is she going to cry a lot?
Me: Probably, because that is what little babies do.
Lauren: No mommy. If she starts to cry, I will put a paci in her mouth. Then she will be quiet.
Me: That is a good idea.
Lauren: Does the baby go pee-pee on the potty?
Me: No, because she is still in my belly.
Lauren: Does she have a dry diaper on in there?
Me: Umm, well...
Lauren: How do you change her when she goes pee in your belly?
Me: Umm, well...
Lauren: How is the baby going to come out when it is time for her to be born?
Me: Umm, well...
Lauren: What mommy?
Me: Let's go have breakfast, you can have anything you want.

No comments: